Just Me!

Just Me!

Wednesday 22 December 2010

A Chair With A View...

Thought I would post a picture of the view from my chair at "work"! I help out in my friends second hand store - "Second Time Around"..Its tiny...no central heating, just one little plug in halogen fire. My day is spent in coat, gloves and 4 pairs of socks (its snowing now, in England!), drinking endless cup of tea to keep warm.
Never the less, I love it! You meet an wild and wonderful assortment of people, (just last week a man rushed in, a dog on a leash in either hand, and his trousers heading for his knees...his zip had just burst, and he needed a shoe lace to hold them up! I found him one, politely declining his request for me to lace it in for him!)  and donations are equally varied...opening a new donation bag is like a mini Xmas.
So this is my view..it changes daily, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

4 comments:

  1. I am watching the Darts at the Ally Pally right no LOLw so hear daily weather reports. Sounds like a great job, busted zippers not withstanding. Terrific, duty statement too. Love the colour of the place but soooo orderly!

    Your blog still won't accept wordpress as open ID for comments, Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to add that I spend a fair bit of time checking out Op Shops - They are fun

    No Go Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too..and there are tons where I live! Sorry u r still having problems commenting...I just dont know what to suggest! Please dont stop commenting though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun place to visit, and to buy! I'm always looking for treasures that I don't need, but need to look at.

    ReplyDelete