Just Me!

Just Me!

Monday 24 January 2011

Sitting Comfortably...Not!! - Day 22 - Theme 42 - Chairs & Benches

Alex insited he wanted to visit the Amsterdam Torture Museum, and had detailed discussions with me over each item. His conclusion was that religion caused most of the crimes, with their resulting over-the-top punishments..it was either agree with the current religious fashion, or suffer the consequences! This chair was certainly designed to cause maximum pain..though I am sure that I have seen similar things nowadays advertised as "relaxation devices" made to stimulate endorphins..go figure!

5 comments:

  1. I know how frustrating Teenagers can be, but although there are no restrictions on you buying the chair! I feel some might frown at you should you use it on him more than ten times. By a rack, you can tell people it is to help him grow! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. A torture museum? Was it good? I have seen the London Dungeon and liked it, though it was a bit cheesy in spots. I'm going to Amsterdam next fall, so perhaps if you give it good reviews I may check it out. Otherwise I may just sit in the coffee house. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No pain, no gain they say! Maybe a good "time out" chair?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me laugh....why isn't he sitting in it?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing sitting on that.... however lots of people in Sweden have mats with spikes (plastic one though) on wich they lay down

    ReplyDelete